[OSM-talk] SVG of length of Thames

Christian Nold christian at softhook.com
Sun May 4 18:42:38 BST 2008

Hi all,

A big thank you to whoever implemented the SVG and PDF output from the
website. It works pretty well.

Something that might be helpful to people: The Mapnik SVG and PDF
export from the site are garbled  in Illustrator.
BUT I found that if I import them into Inkscape and save them as an
EPS, things are usable in Illustrator.

Any chance someone could implement an SVG export from Osmarender from
the website or look at some of the issues of the Mapnik one?

On another note. I need to pull out a detailed vector of the full
length of the Thames as an SVG or PDF etc.  Is there any way to do that?
I have 2 issues: First, if I export a large area to get the full
length of the river, I get very low res, angular vectors. Secondly,
the river seems to consist of only negative sections - ie the space
between river banks. How do I get a detailed positive shape of the
full length? Could someone help please?

best
Christian Nold

Mobile:		0044(0)7946640395