[OSM-talk] golf course marking

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Thu May 8 11:43:09 BST 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 11:32 PM, Shaun McDonald
<shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk> wrote:
>  If you don't think that brownfield and greenfield are good tags then don't
> use them.

Brownfield is a field that is brown, that means brown grass. So large
areas of grass that are brown most of the year. That's the first think
 I thought of apparently I'm not alone in this. Therefore I think you
should rethink its usage (just ~350 ways), and especially its
inclusion in Potlatch auto complete dictionary.

> > why we're not using right_of_way=motorway|primary|cycleway|footway|

What does highway mean? To me it  used to mean a big motorway with
lots of cars, now my definition of highway is "tag used by OSM to
describe ways". So even Blackadder saved us from the class and type
tags, it's not the most easy tag name to understand, even though it's
one tag most people have used.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that brownfields must be destroyed
/Cato