[OSM-talk] [OSM-dev] Online/offline slippy map finished.

Fri May 9 14:54:31 BST 2008

Andy Allan wrote:
> I'll need to check this out - I've found it frustrating trying to demo
> the map even if I'm carrying my laptop around. On the vague chance
> that there's wireless available, all I get is "ooh, that's really
> slow" when it's the crappy wireless that's the problem :-) Simple
> local caching sounds good.

Last public post on this toy, I promise.
Some people thought it might be useful so it's here now:
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/viewer/pymap

I haven't tested how well it performs (Simplicity was the first goal),
but it will certainly be better than a crappy wlan. It would also be
trivial to make it update old local tiles on demand.

I agree that this would be ideal to showcase OSM maps e.g. at
conferences where WLAN is existent but horrible.

spaetz