[OSM-talk] AfricaMap

Alan Millar am12 at bolis.com
Fri May 23 17:05:59 BST 2008

I came across this recently which may be of interest to OSM participants
in Africa.

  http://africamap.harvard.edu

It is a project, apparently just starting, to put every available map for
Africa online in one coordinated system.

I emailed Ben Lewis, the contact on the website, who said they definitely
want to work with OSM, both providing maps and images for OSM and
incorporating OSM road data into AfricaMap.

I don't know any more about it than this, but I'm just trying to let
interested people know since I had not noticed it come up in discussions
yet.  Some of you OSM mappers in Africa may want to check it out.

- Alan