[OSM-talk] AfricaMap

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Fri May 23 18:30:31 BST 2008

Ben spoke at one of the evening "Bird's of a Feather" sessions about
AfricaMap. They have various goals for the project, but the first is
to digitise and georeference the maps of Africa that they have
available within the Harvard vaults. He seemed very open to the idea
of making these maps available then through WMS layers or tiles so
that we could then derive maps from them. Andrew Turner was also there
and fired a few questions at him. I wrote some notes about the
discussion here:

http://blog.johnmckerrell.com/2008/05/14/where-20-africamap/