[OSM-talk] National borders in the British Islands

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Fri May 30 18:31:55 BST 2008

El Viernes, 30 de Mayo de 2008, Lester Caine escribió:
> Personally I've been viewing admin_level=0 as the world.

Yeah, say that again when extraterrestrials invade us :-P

> admin_level=1 should equal the continents

I'm against this definition. A continent is a geographical separation, not an
administrative/political one.

I'd say that admin_level=1 should separate supranational *economic* entities,
i.e:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Union
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_of_South_American_Nations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Union
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Union
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Asian_Union
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Task_Force_on_North_America
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization_of_Central_American_States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Southeast_Asian_Nations

--

Executive ability is prominent in your make-up.