[OSM-talk] Proposed Relations

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 5 23:01:03 GMT 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> 2. I want relations to become ordered and will try to sneak this into
> API 0.6; there will be no noticeable change for any API client, just
> that it so happens that things are returned in the order you put them
> in, rather than in any order.

There is one noticeable change here to clients: if they download such an
ordered relation, and upload a newer version, they should have kept the
ordering intact.

The current unordered relations mean that a client can store it locally
however it likes, and upload it in a completely different order, and it
won't make one iota of difference to anyone. That assumption would
become invalid.

--
Lennard