[OSM-talk] Revisit hour_on/hour_off? [tagging]

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Nov 6 04:54:42 GMT 2008

Not such a bad idea.  I'd prefer the syntax to be more like

  motorcar:access_start = [yyyy-mm-dd] [hh:mm] [-zzzz]
  motorcar:access_end   = [yyyy-mm-dd] [hh:mm] [+zzzz]

which then also allows for both daily and seasonal variations (ie. there's
the Alaskan ice road which disappears in the summer months)

For datetime syntax proposals see the Microformats discussions on datetime-
design-patterns and the HTML5 date element:

http://microformats.org/wiki/datetime-design-pattern

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#dates-and-times

(note that datetime patterns have been discussed ad nauseum by the
Microformatters, and I wouldn't wish such misfortune on the nice mapping
folks)

--Bob.