[OSM-talk] Mapnik rendering of paths + place=locality in general

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Thu Nov 6 09:05:27 GMT 2008

Nathan wrote:

> Maybe the answer is to modify the map features table
> and add columns for mapnik, osmarender, cyclemap, etc.
> Maybe getting rid of the generic rendering column and
> making it rendering for each of the viewers. What
> do you think?

If someone does modify Map Features to add extra columns to the
tables then the perl script which automatically parses the page to
highlight the "Not in Map Features" items in the Maplint layer will
also need amending.

Because there may be an ever increasing number of columns (as
perhaps there are more and more renderers), it may be better for
each renderer to have a separate page showing the items that they
render (indeed I believe some render features that aren't
(currently) in Map Features).

Ed