[OSM-talk] Mapnik rendering of paths + place=locality in general

sylvain letuffe liste at letuffe.org
Thu Nov 6 09:40:25 GMT 2008

> If someone does modify Map Features to add extra columns to the
> tables then the perl script which automatically parses the page to
> highlight the "Not in Map Features" items in the Maplint layer will
> also need amending.

Whaou, I wasn't aware of that ! Doesn't it looks like a bit "strange" that a
wiki page (by nature wiki is not an easy to parse format such as xml) is
parsed to feed a program ?

Since there is a "maybe need" wouldn't it be a good idea (or maybe someone
allready does ?) to create an xml version of the map feature ?

Clever enough to be possible to integrate it in OSM editors, renderers,
validators, and so on ?

I'm willing to help on that if this is not allready the case, or to join the
effort if it has started somewhere

Sylvain Letuffe liste at letuffe.org
qui suis-je : http://slyserv.dyndns.org