[OSM-talk] Price of non-free geodata

Keith Ng khensthoth at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 15:25:08 GMT 2008

According to the Malaysian National Mapping Department website, in order to
obtain digital geodata, you need an annual license from them at RM200 (€45)
for members of the public. The license is renewable yearly. Then you need to
purchase the specific geodata.
 1:50000 scale topographic maps of Peninsular Malaysia = RM960 (€210)
1:3000 - 12500 Town Map in Peninsular Malaysia = RM50 (€11)
There are a lot more products on offer from that website:
http://www.jupem.gov.my/Main.aspx?page=MappingProducts

I would say the prices quite expensive, considering the average wage is just
around RM3000/month.