[OSM-talk] Proposal for a map-bug tracker (Openstreetbugs)

Xav x at nainwak.com
Fri Nov 28 13:25:45 GMT 2008

Hi,

With my experience in developing OSB, I would say that Christoph just
resumed it quite right : the server side software is a piece of cake and
should propose a simple API to insert/edit/delete and view the data
(JSON, RSS, GPX).

Because everybody has its own idea of what should be specified in the
data (bug status, email, classification, age of john's mother), why not
to copy OSM : tags.

Think of it...

The server side already exists : it's basically OSM database without
ways, with a guest account, and accepting long string values (the text
users could add).

A lot of clients already exists : JOSM, Potlatch, Mapnik, trillions of
scripts, etc.

Xav