[OSM-talk] traffic_calming not rendered?

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Sun Oct 5 10:08:39 BST 2008

highway will remain what it was - that just says what kind of road it is.

Whoever inveted the traffic_calming tag intends it to marke the actual
places where the traffic calming measures are, not that the road is is
some way "traffic calmed" as a whole.

So highway=unclassified (or whatever)

and then on nodes, traffic_calming=whatever at the appropriate locations.

The fact that someone has suggested how it might be rendered doesn't
mean it *is* rendered.

David