[OSM-talk] map display www.openstreetmap.org

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Sat Oct 11 08:12:17 BST 2008

On 10 Oct 2008, at 23:37, Matthias Julius wrote:

> SteveC <steve at asklater.com> writes:
>
>> I'm all for lat/lng to be a user-enabled display option, but it's
>> delusional to think that most people on the planet care and I
>> personally want most people on the planet using our maps.
>
> And I don't think that most people on the planet mind a set of small
> numbers in a corner of the map even if they don't know what they
> mean.  If they show N, S, E and W instead of negative coordinates it
> will even be more clear to people what it is.

You're being totally bonkers. I've said I agree that it could be a
user option but you're suggesting that we should do what no mainstream
mapping site has ever done - by default have lat/lng shown as changing
figures on the map. All because you think it would be nice.

Please try harder. We have 1.2 billion things to improve on, and this
is really not high up on that list.

Best

Steve