[OSM-talk] SEO

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Oct 27 11:22:23 GMT 2008

Andy Allan wrote:

> Better than that:
>
> http://johnmckerrell.com/map/#t=mobile&lat=51.47935&lon=-0.20205&zf=15
>
> Notice how the title and some of the page content reacts to the
> location of the map? If we could do some similar trickery so that the
> name of the place shows up in e.g. the title attribute of the page in
> the initial html (can be overwritten by js later when panning), then
> any permalink to the page will have search-engine friendly geolocation
> automatically. Removes the need for separate pages.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the many previous discussions of
this topic...

To wit, the problem is that you can only do that by putting the details
in the fragment rather than the arguments, which means having to do all
the parsing by hand as rails decodes arguments for us but not the fragment.

So if somebody is volunteering to write that code then great, lets get
on with it ;-)

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)