[OSM-talk] Menorca under the water

Dirk-Lüder Kreie osm-list at deelkar.net
Wed Sep 3 02:06:27 BST 2008

Iván Sánchez Ortega schrieb:
> El Lunes, 1 de Septiembre de 2008, Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio escribió:
>> Menorca was once part of the British empire. In fact, some Menorcan old
>> peasants still say 'vindou' (from the English 'window') instead of the
>> Latin 'finestra'.
>>
>> So I think they deserve something better than this:
>>
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.964&lon=4.046&zoom=11&layers=B00FTF
>
> The JOSM validator shows up 3 ways as "Unclosed way: natural type coastline".
> However, those 3 ways (10315149, 10315235 and 10315167, on the east end of
> Menorca) appear to be connected to the rest of the coastline.
>
> I'm puzzled.

Totally screwed up coastline. one way running 1 1/3rd around the island,
end overlapping the start (id 10315160), one extra coastline way on the
same nodes, reversed (id 25435734), and one smaller island next to
Menorca with it's coastline reversed (id 10315187). No wonder nothing
showed up on the map, no automatic parser could have made sense out of
this mess.

Sorted.

Do not edit excessively long ways with potlatch without waiting a fair
amount of time to allow for correct up/download, or you *will* make a
mess, especially when editing coastlines.

--

Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie
Bremen - 53.0952°N 8.8652°E