[OSM-talk] amenity=vending_machine AND amenity=post_box: what about?

vegard vegard at engen.priv.no
Mon Sep 8 15:50:29 BST 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 06:40:59AM -0700, Karl Newman wrote:

> > So personally I think duplicate keys would be the easiest and best way to
> > tag such double-uses.
> >
> > Norbert
> >

> Just make two different nodes, each located closest to the amenity
> concerned. There's nothing that makes it non-routable. It's just a
> point--the routers will get you as close to the point on the road as
> possible. The addr: property definitely isn't going to help in making it
> routable.

Well - apart from the fact that it actually makes it difficult to render
properly (things tend to overlap), it's not correct either. In many
cases, the supermarket *is* the post-office, at least here in Norway. It
might be implemented with a separate counter, but other places perhaps
it might be different. And likewise, with oter dual-use amenities...

While I for now use the dual-node mechanism, I don't like it because of
the above reason.
--
- Vegard Engen, member of the first RFC1149 implementation team.