[OSM-talk] amenity=vending_machine AND amenity=post_box: what about?

Pierre-André Jacquod pjacquod at alumni.ethz.ch
Tue Sep 9 18:50:40 BST 2008

vegard a écrit :
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 06:40:59AM -0700, Karl Newman wrote:
>>> So personally I think duplicate keys would be the easiest and best way to
>>> tag such double-uses.
>>>
>>> Norbert
>>>
>> Just make two different nodes, each located closest to the amenity
>> concerned. There's nothing that makes it non-routable. It's just a
>
> Well - apart from the fact that it actually makes it difficult to render
> In many cases, the supermarket *is* the post-office,
I agree fully with it. Here for example, at railways stations (let say
middle class) you can buy train tickets (hopefully), but also book your
travel or get some foreign money. At the same desk, deserved by the same
person. I really have here 3 amenities as one point. The easy answer of
some people " map the world as it is... " is here just too short.

The fact that neither API 0.5 nor API 0.6 (will) support it is a good
point for not using it. But not to forget to think about it ? Then in
short, what is the process for API specifications inputs? :-)

by the way: I just had a look at
http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~kleptog/osm-0.5.dtd
<!ELEMENT node (tag*)>
<!ATTLIST node id   [...cut...]

<!ELEMENT tag EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST tag  k         CDATA #REQUIRED>
<!ATTLIST tag  v         CDATA #REQUIRED>

and from the current dtd definition, I could not see anything saying
that it is forbidden to use twice the key amenity for a node or a way.
Or did I missed something?

best regards
Pierre-André