[OSM-talk] Possible copyright data.

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 11 07:56:45 BST 2008

And to add to those comments, it could also be that they collected GPS
tracks(maybe over a long time period when they didn't have access to OSM to
tag it up) and opened them in JOSM to trace without uploading the gpx files
to OSM.

To find out who a user was:
-go to http://www.openstreetmap.org/ and zoom in closely on the area
-click the "+" on the right and select the "Data" overlay
-now select the item on that map that is of your concern
-view History to see the last user to edit that item

To contact them:
e.g. if their user name is Gregory, go to
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Gregory
or replace Gregory with whatever it was.

2008/9/10 Ed Loach <ed at loach.me.uk>

> Hi Adam
>
> > Also, some of the data is inaccurate - specifically,
> > boundary is incorrect and refers to where the boundary used to
> > be
> > several years ago (possibly even before Openstreetmap started).
> > However, the boundary has since moved.
>
> Forgive me if you understand about the NPE out of copyright maps
> that can be overlaid in Potlatch or GSM editors, but could the data
> have been added from them. It might explain why one of the
> boundaries is outdated.
>
> I'm trying to look at the history of the stuff in the Bramley area
> (which I'm guessing is the area in question?) in Potlatch at present
> but the server connection keeps failing.
>
> I've just had a look in JOSM but don't know which features you're
> thinking of. Perhaps you could give us a permalink to an area
> including some of the data you're doubting.
>
> Ed

Gregory
nomoregrapes at gmail.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com