[OSM-talk] Setting comment on existing changeset

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Apr 26 11:15:32 BST 2009

Hi,

Roeland Douma wrote:
> I was thinking about this as well. And this should not be that hard to
> implement since the API allows for this kind of actions.

It is allowed until the changeset is closed. A closed changeset is
considered read-only for all purposes and I think this makes a lot of
sense. So anyone wanting to edit their comments will have to do so while
the changeset is still open.

JOSM currently closes the changeset immediately after upload, but people
have already requested to be able to continue work on a changeset so
this behaviour will probably change.

Bye
Frederik