[OSM-talk] OSM maps of Denmark for download to Garmin devices

Lambertus osm at na1400.info
Wed Apr 29 09:10:15 BST 2009

Splitter tries to automatically determine the maximum tile size for a
specific area but the data in that area is giving Splitter false clues.
This might be caused by e.g. a combination of many POI's but few roads.

One way of working around those problem areas is to force Splitter to
dimension the tiles so that they fewer nodes using the --max-nodes
option. This is what I've done and now most of the world is rendered by
Mkgmap without problems, except the ones in Denmark.