[OSM-talk] [RFC] restriction=school_zone (second email)

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 7 05:42:37 BST 2009

--- On Thu, 6/8/09, Roy Wallace <waldo000000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Without that requirement, it's a one-liner:
> maxspeed[Tu,Th][12:00-24:00] = 50

You've gone from school zones to general restrictions.

School zones as signed in Australia are predicable to some extent, they are always mon-fri and only when there isn't a school holiday.

For general time based restrictions you can still do it in one line if you must, without needing to parse variable information in the key section:

maxspeed:time=12:00-23:59;tu,th;50

hh:mm-hh:mm;[dd,dd,dd|dd-dd];speed

However I'm primarily concerned with recording information on school zones as I see on signs, not general time restrictions, someone else can do up a proposal for that.