[OSM-talk] to all potlatch and JOSM users - automatic simplification of geometry

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 03:47:44 BST 2009

> I know that some people like this tidy-points-function to work on
> TIGER-Data, but I tell you: if the TIGER-Data is not good/precise, it
> won't get better using this function ;-)

bad data doesn't get worse either. for a lot of tiger data it can compact
without any loss. And tiger is not a community created data. anyone
improving it shouldn't be limited
As long as someone verifies the results it's same like any other user input.
Josm default is too aggressive tough. this should be definitely changed.