[OSM-talk] A process for rethinking map features

Jason Cunningham jamicubat at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 11 14:00:09 BST 2009

I agree with the working groups idea, but disagree with membership of the
OSMF or attending SOTM being a requirement for taking part. (I wont joint
the osmf while it has links with paypal)

The working group would have to produce a report, and be able to show they
had considered all input. The recommendations should be final, and only
disputed on grounds that agreed procedure hadn't been followed
(for example, where it can be shown that a significant recommendation or
input had not been considered)

A big problem would be setting up the rules for working groups, and this
would probably need a working group. It would be useful to go ahead and try
creating a working group as an experiment, with the results used to see what
the positives and negatives are.

This might be too organised a system for many who like OSM to be anarchic,
but I feel it becomes more necessary with each passing day, and especially
after reading the discussions on paths/footways and woods/forests.

Jason Cunningham
user:Jamicu <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Jamicu>