[OSM-talk] park barrier

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 17:46:57 BST 2009

2009/8/11 Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de>:
> Shaun McDonald wrote:
>>> Another property that turnstiles have is that usually one can pass in
>>> only one direction. But how that is going to be tagged if a turnstile
>>> is just a node I have no idea.
>>
>> A footway going through it with the tag oneway=yes?
>
> oneway=yes isn't a good idea, as oneway is generally assumed to /not/
> affect pedestrians. (Or how many of you actually add an exception for
> pedestrians when mapping a highway with oneway=yes?)
>
> I'd therefore use something like foot[backward]=no (or whatever syntax
> for conditional tagging is your personal favourite) on that footway
> leading through the turnstile.

does this imply to split the way on the stile? Do you split it on
either side? What about splitting it directly on the stile. By this
you could just tag one snip of the way towards the side you are
allowed to go as "stile_direction=yes" or something similar, without
being dependant on the direction of way. Similarly a relation could be
imagined (like turn_restriction).

cheers,
Martin