[OSM-talk] Non-designated cycleway vs. designation info missing

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 00:12:22 BST 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Mike Harris<mikh43 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Tend to agree in part - I think the 'official' bit is actually redundant? Would this improve the page?

I'm not sure you'd be successful in removing 'official' altogether,
but I think it could do with some clarification, as Martin points out.

The access=designated wiki page says 'official' means "exclusive
access", but the access=official page says "In most cases, [ it's
exclusive ]". This needs to be fixed.

There is a lot of overlap between designated and official, but I don't
think 'official' is redundant, given their different definitions on
the wiki. Of course, hopefully everyone actually uses them according
to their wiki definitions...