[OSM-talk] New proposal: Bad data

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Wed Aug 26 10:31:21 BST 2009

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Ondrej Novy wrote:
> > Anything tagged source=yahoo* or source=landsat should be treated worst
> > than source=survey and people should source the data properly otherwise
> > others will assume the data was traced if hi-res imagery is available.
>
> are you sure? What about really old survey and newest image from yahoo? :)
> It doesn't implied that yahoo is older then survey!

we've had a lot of trouble in Au because group X decided that unmarked was
landsat and they would mark survey, and group Y decided that unmarked was
survey and they would mark landsat

so we had no idea what was good and what was bad data.
of course no one is going to own up to "bad data"

could we simply extend source=survey with a year
and source=landsat similarly?

source=survey09
source=landsat_trace09
source=yahoo_trace08