[OSM-talk] New proposal: Bad data

James Livingston doctau at mac.com
Wed Aug 26 10:45:15 BST 2009

On 26/08/2009, at 7:31 PM, Liz wrote:
> we've had a lot of trouble in Au because group X decided that
> unmarked was
> landsat and they would mark survey, and group Y decided that
> unmarked was
> survey and they would mark landsat

I take the approach that unmarked is landsat, yahoo, or something else
that deserves to be checked/improved unless there is a public GPS trace.

> could we simply extend source=survey with a year
> and source=landsat similarly?
>
> source=survey09
> source=landsat_trace09
> source=yahoo_trace08

That sounds like a good plan.

I was going to suggest source:date=*, but it seems that things that
way around are already used by source:name to say where the name came
from. It sounds backwards to me, but date:source?