[OSM-talk] How to tag lanes, not ways, was: Deprecating the use of Tag:highway=stop in favour of Key:stop

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 19:14:50 BST 2009

2009/8/31 Anthony <osm at inbox.org>:
> On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> 2009/8/31 Anthony <osm at inbox.org>:
>>
>> > I guess we will have to agree to disagree, but it'd be nice if you'd
>> > answer
>> > my questions about how to do all those things I asked about.
>>
>> I don't see a point in answering any more of your questions to be
>> honest, you seem to be trolling.
>
> You say "any more" as though you've answered any of them.  You don't seem to
> have thought things through.  Think them through and you'll see that I'm not
> trolling.

Now I know you're being a troll, however if we used lanes instead of
using ways you could easily tag that intersection you gave as an
exception rather than the average case that I presented which is a lot
more common.

So in short the answer is to have lanes, not ways. This would also
solve using a relation to indicate a turning restriction as you could
easily show which lanes can go where, it would allow for advanced
routing and you can place stop signs on all lanes effected by it.