[OSM-talk] Vegetation page

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 21:59:04 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de> wrote:
> If this page is meant to give an overview, then, in a international
> project, it should only contain things that are useful all around the world.

I'm not sure that this actually matters, but I think your argument is
weak here. Say there was a tag for a certain type of plant that only
grows in one country. We'd still keep the tag, and document it with
all the other plant types.

What you're probably really getting at is that the "village green"
concept has similar enough homologues in other countries that whoever
invented it could have thought just a little bit harder about making a
useful cross-cultural tag. Oh well.

Steve