[OSM-talk] Divided roads proposal

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 3 10:17:10 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:39 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/12/3 Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com>:
> > I find the current practice of duplicating minor roads when there is a
> > median strip pretty unsatisfactory. Even disregarding the effort, the
> > end result never renders well: usually the street name is written
> > twice, the one-way arrows get messy etc.
>
> That's a problem with the rendering, not with the mapping.

Unless you want to write routines for pre-processing two almost-parallel
ways back into a single way so it can be rendered neatly, I suggest it's a
mapping problem. Don't make work for other people if you don't have to.

Everything about a dual carriageway can (now) be expressed using turn
restriction relations, and it would probably be better if it were done that
way.

Richard