[OSM-talk] Divided roads proposal

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 17:58:32 GMT 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 4:46 AM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> I don't know.  I read over the proposal again and I don't even get it,
> actually.  Is the way supposed to be split before and after each
> intersection?

Maybe I should write up the proposal as I see it, but all I'm proposing is:

divider=* tag on ways that are divided, where * is probably one of line,
median, barrier.
junction=*something*, to indicate a gap in a divided road where another road
passes through it.

ie:

With junction=fourway or whatever at the +.

You could equally well implement the junction like this:

Where * is a node, + is a junction, - is a normal way, and = is a way marked
with divider=*.

Steve