[OSM-talk] Divided roads proposal

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Thu Dec 3 18:07:19 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> ie:
> =====+=========
>
> With junction=fourway or whatever at the +.

"fourway" would be the only tag that's not ambiguous.  Your "junction"
was already solved properly by turn restrictions.
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:restriction)

divider=none, divider=legal, and divider=physical is about the only
part of that proposal that I'm fairly sure would work.

And divider=physical goes against current mapping principles.  As a
sort of "todo" tag, I guess it isn't horrible, though.
divider=physical meaning "this should be a dual carriageway, but I
don't really feel like doing all the work of mapping it that way".