[OSM-talk] OSMF: The people you are going to hand over your OSM data ...

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Sun Dec 6 02:15:08 GMT 2009

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Kai Krueger <kakrueger at gmail.com> wrote:

> And even the licensing debate could be seen
> as "support" even though that indeed has a little bit more of a
> controlling element to it. But it is support in that the current license
> is broken and inapplicable to geodata as has every lawyer they have
> asked so far said (as far as I can tell).

The ODbL is also inapplicable to geodata.  It even says so.  "The individual
items of the Contents contained in this Database may be covered by other
rights, including copyright, patent, data protection, privacy, or
personality rights, and this License does not cover any rights (other than
Database Rights or in contract) in individual Contents contained in the
Database."