[OSM-talk] [Announce] OSMF license change vote has started

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Sun Dec 6 16:16:23 GMT 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 8:30 AM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net>wrote:

> In other words: If you want to use OSM data without attribution or
> share-alike, you may do so by distributing the program that makes the
> derivative, rather than the derivative itself. This is perfectly
> permissible
> under CC-BY-SA.

And is perfectly permissible under ODbL.  "This License does not apply to
computer programs used in the making or operation of the Database"

I'd like a response to this.  And I'd also like a response to my question
about what license is going to be used for "the Contents".  Is it "the
Database Contents License"?