[OSM-talk] [Announce] OSMF license change vote has started

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Tue Dec 8 21:15:54 GMT 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 2:11 PM, Anthony wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Peteris Krisjanis <pecisk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, you can call him a troll, but I agree I so far haven't heard
> sound arguments why CC-BY-SA "doesn't work" and what "work" actually
> means. Doesn't work for Cloudmade?
>
> I think you hit the nail on the head.

Yes, it's all an evil cloudmade plot!

As I've said many times before, if you thought about it for 2 seconds it would be much better to move OSM to PD or CC0 for CloudMade and all the other companies so we could do what we like with the data. But that would not equal a sustainable OpenStreetMap.

Yours &c.

Steve