[OSM-talk] [Announce] OSMF license change vote has started

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Tue Dec 8 21:21:32 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:15 PM, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2009, at 2:11 PM, Anthony wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Peteris Krisjanis <pecisk at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Anyway, you can call him a troll, but I agree I so far haven't heard
> > sound arguments why CC-BY-SA "doesn't work" and what "work" actually
> > means. Doesn't work for Cloudmade?
> >
> > I think you hit the nail on the head.
>
> Yes, it's all an evil cloudmade plot!

I never said anything about it being evil or a plot.  I don't blame you for
wanting a license which is best for you.

> As I've said many times before, if you thought about it for 2 seconds it
> would be much better to move OSM to PD or CC0 for CloudMade and all the
> other companies so we could do what we like with the data.

Yeah, but it'd be a *lot* better for some of "the other companies" (like,
maybe 10^100) than it would be for CloudMade.

Anyway, why would it be better for OSM to move to PD?  I thought CC-BY-SA
didn't work.