[OSM-talk] Suggestion: fallback tag

Shalabh shalabh.w at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 14:32:38 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> There may be arguments against my proposed solution. There may be better
> solutions. It may not be a big problem. But, please, these one-off
> workarounds and hacks are not solutions.
>
> Steve

Actually Steve, I think your solution is as much a workaround as the other
solutions. It just adds another level of complexity. If we dont centralize
what I call 'TAG TREE', it anyway wont work and I am not even sure if you
can identify a parent for each tag and then a parent of a parent and so on.

So, lets map and wait for the renderers to catch up.

Regards,
Shalabh