[OSM-talk] Contribution graph

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 17 16:34:09 GMT 2009

Martijn van Exel [mailto:mvexel at gmail.com] wrote:
>Sent: 17 December 2009 4:04 PM
>To: Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists)
>Cc: talk at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Contribution graph
>
>Intriguing, Andy. Thanks for adding this.
>Would be nice to be able to filter out the import-users when producing
>these stats, however. Is that feasible?

The graph looks the same if I remove the top 5 user accounts (all greater
than 1% of the data and between them totalling 39% of all way data) however
the amount contributed by the top 10% of users (ignoring the top 5) reduces
to 91.5%. So basically the 90/10 rule appears to apply for normal
contributions made by the humble mapper. This is in line with what I see
locally in my own patch.

Cheers

Andy