[OSM-talk] when do <12 TAH tiles render?

Vikas Yadav mevikas at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 04:20:17 GMT 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 22:57 -0500, Matthias Julius wrote:
> Vikas Yadav <vikas.yadav at threebrix.com> writes:
>
> > Just a casual query about what is the schedule to render TAH tiles below
> > z12.
> > I had changed many things in North India maps and those zoom levels still
> > show tiles.
>
> They get stitched togetcher from z12 tiles after the rendering of a
> z12 tiles was requested, rendered and uploaded.
>
> If you render and upload tiles before they get auto-requested the
> server won't stitch lowzoom tiles.  The auto-requester only considers
> changes to nodes, BTW.

By "you render" i think tilesGen xy thing?
I had to do had a lot on my times cause I was experimenting putting
hindi names along with english. Most times TAH clients were no rendering
hindi correctly so I had to do a force render-upload skipping the queue.

Actually, just yesterday  tried I even gave xy and third optional z on
tilesGen and it did render 6-11 tiles and then uploaded them as well.
but, never saw any difference. no clue why.

Mapnik is not in my control and hindi font it is using is very wrong.
But lowzoom tiles did get refreshed while the wednesday cycle.