[OSM-talk] when do <12 TAH tiles render?

Dirk-Lüder Kreie osm-list at deelkar.net
Sun Feb 1 17:22:23 GMT 2009

Vikas Yadav schrieb:

> By "you render" i think tilesGen xy thing?
> I had to do had a lot on my times cause I was experimenting putting
> hindi names along with english. Most times TAH clients were no rendering
> hindi correctly so I had to do a force render-upload skipping the queue.

you should be able to "cheat" the mechanism by requesting an update of
said tile on low priority, just before uploading. Even better:
coordinate your efforts with the t at h people (such as spaetz and me)

> Actually, just yesterday  tried I even gave xy and third optional z on
> tilesGen and it did render 6-11 tiles and then uploaded them as well.
> but, never saw any difference. no clue why.

I don't know how the lowzoom handling for uploaded tileset works at the
moment on the server

> Mapnik is not in my control and hindi font it is using is very wrong.
> But lowzoom tiles did get refreshed while the wednesday cycle.

If you can specify what exactly goes wrong, or, even better, know a font
which does render correctly, please do not hesitate to say so, since the
guys looking after the renderer don't know Hindi themselves, and need
help from people like you who do know.

--

Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie
Bremen - 53.0952°N 8.8652°E