[OSM-talk] usercases for josm outside osm

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Tue Feb 3 12:44:36 GMT 2009

On Tue, February 3, 2009 10:14, maning sambale wrote:
> So if  "x" company wants to do something for collaborative mapping
> they can use the "OSM stack"  for data input.  Are there cases where
> it has been used already?

It doesn't have to be collaborative at all - I do think that the OSM
software stack is capable of replacing a "traditional" GIS stack for some
use cases, keeping the data propietary.

Expect to hear something from me about this topic in a few months... maybe
for SOTM'09.

P.S.: Maning, I haven't forgotten about your data imports... I'm just
quite busy fixing up a couple of million nodes worth of
waterway=riverbank.

Cheers,

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una herramienta
compleja.