[OSM-talk] Overlay capabilities with environmental data

Sarah Manley sarah at cloudmade.com
Wed Feb 4 00:17:07 GMT 2009

Dear All,

Below is an email I received. If you have any any thoughts/suggestions
I can share with this new OSM user, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!
Sarah

Sarah-

The chapter's GIS committee has been helping out EPFW

http://www.epfw.org/

With forest harvesting mapping.

An example of what we have done for them is at:
http://www.lomaprieta.sierraclub.org/geoinfosys/Tuolumne_McKee.html

These maps are use for advocacy displays for the public and legislators.

We use ArcGIS, a high skill level software (at least in my opinion).
I was wondering about Open Street Map as an alternative.
Are there overlay capabilities  for your system?   From what I
remember and understand there are ways of doing that.
We have to overlay maps or data from various sources, such as Cal fish
and game.

Thanks.

- Shawn

Sarah Manley