[OSM-talk] OpenHikingMap - OpenCycleMap

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Feb 4 14:50:31 GMT 2009

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, Dave Stubbs wrote:

> For the contours we haven't figured out how to prevent those
> irritating joins on the srtm tile boundary yet. They're not that
> noticable. If you figure it out do let me & andy know  :-)

This shouldn't be too hard - possibly even as a post-processing step once
the contour lines are in a PostGIS table:

- For each tile boundary, select all the contours that intersect it.
- Iterate through all the contour lines which extend away from one side of
the boundary line and match them up with the lines that extend away from
the other side by looking at their heights (and probably also the heights
of the surrounding contours).
- Trim off the ends and glue the matched up lines together.

  - Steve