[OSM-talk] Donate today for OSM's £10,000 server fundraiser

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Thu Feb 5 17:29:31 GMT 2009

Please translate and pass on to the country-specific lists... ...and
donate!

http://www.opengeodata.org/?p=384

http://donate.openstreetmap.org/

Today we’re kicking off a funding drive to raise £10,000 to buy new
API database servers for the upcoming new API and server software
which we call “0.6″ as it’s the 6th version. Specifically we’re
after a 3U Rackmount server, 2x Quadcore, 24GB RAM, 10x SAS 15kRPM
disks.

OpenStreetMaps exponential growth since day one has led to increasing
demands on the hardware and software clockwork which make it tick day
and night, and this funding drive will put us in a fantastic position
to cross the next hurdles of mapping the planet. We have incredibly
dedicated volunteer sysadmins and coders building OSM today, so let’s
give them the best tools for the job to continue building the most
detailed map of the planet.

So please consider heading over to donate.openstreetmap.org and chip
in some cash for the cause. We’ll keep you up to date with the
process of buying, setting up and installing the new hardware.

Donate today!

Best

Steve