[OSM-talk] Donations and bank accounts

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Thu Feb 5 20:37:34 GMT 2009

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Sometimes I think the foundation is hurting its own goals by being so
> damn secretive. Why did you have to make this a surprise? What was
> gained by that?

80n is not to blame nor is the foundation.

There was a push from the OSM Sysadmins (yes, I'm to blame here) to get
the donation stuff up and running quickly because we are getting nervous
about the approaching 0.5->0.6 migration weekend. Without a new server
it would be a nightmare.

I apologise, yet may I suggest that it is not too late to setup what you
suggest; pending agreement from those involved.

Regards
 Grant