[OSM-talk] Donations and bank accounts

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Feb 5 20:24:52 GMT 2009

Hi,

80n wrote:
> We are currently developing a federated membership structure to support
> local chapters.  They will be able to accept funds locally and either use
> them locally or channel them to the centre for this kind of funding.  I
> expect this would be the best solution, but it is not completely in place
> yet.

But 80n, you were aware that we already have incorporated OSM Germany
through the exitsting FOSSGIS e.V. - federated membership or no
federated membership - and it would just have required a few days
advance notice for us to set up something where FOSSGIS accepts funds
for this and forwards the money to OSMF.

If there had been just a note on the lists saying "by the way we're
planning this", that would have been enough to make us think about this.

Sometimes I think the foundation is hurting its own goals by being so
damn secretive. Why did you have to make this a surprise? What was
gained by that?

Bye
Frederik