[OSM-talk] Donations and bank accounts

Stefan Baebler stefan.baebler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 08:36:48 GMT 2009

>     > Gary68 wrote:
>     >> I for sure won't sign on to PayPal. And I won't give my bank
>     xxEUR for
>     >> shipping a few bucks across the channel.

Within Europe SEPA [1] transfers are probably the cheapest (for both
parties, in some cases even free with certain bank accounts) way to make
international money transfers.

When I just tried to make such donation per instructions [2], i got an
error: BIC code is either invalid or not in the list of codes for SEPA
orders. (original slovenian: "Nepravilna BIC koda, ali BIC koda ni v
šifrantu za SEPA naloge")

Can someone please check if account can recieve such transfers and the
"Co-operative Bank" is included in the SEPA system before i contact my bank?

thanks,
Stefan

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Euro_Payments_Area
[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Donations#International_Donations