[OSM-talk] Server donation drive

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Fri Feb 6 19:40:58 GMT 2009

On 6 Feb 2009, at 18:33, 80n wrote:

> These are my favourite:
> Anonymous
> http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=48.39109325661635&lon=-4.484448865324551&zoom=13&layers=B000F000
>
> We don't know who it is, but we know where they live ;)
> Next time we should ask each donor for a lat/lon, and then make a
> map...
>
> And then there's the self-deprecating:
> Richard Fairhurst
> BAN POTLATCH!!1?111wtflolbbq
>
> And the witty:
> Andrzej Zaborowski
> Now with 0.1 more API!
>
> I'm totally amazed by the scale of and speed of response to this
> funding drive.  It's great that so many people feel the project is
> worth contributing to.

And remember that we have also raised £4,500 of pledges for aerial
photography for Gaza in the past month. I am please to say that we
finally have the charitable partnership for that one approved (as of
today) and will soon be able to order it.

In case people are interested we are buying post-conflict photography
for the whole Gaza Strip at 2M resolution. The license terms do
unfortunately insist that we restrict access to the photography tand
as a result we will only be made to make it available to a small
group. We are proposing to make it available to the current list of
active Gaza mappers and people who have expressed interest on the wiki
page (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Palestine_Gaza)

Regards,

Peter