[OSM-talk] OSM on The Reg

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Wed Feb 11 15:27:52 GMT 2009

On Feb 11, 2009, at 7:43 AM, David Earl wrote:
> Indeed, but his misunderstanding is even more fundamental than that.
> Where did he get the location of his road from?

Guessing, from where the other roads are?  My thought about the OSM
philosophy towards editing is "incremental improvements, always".  If
this would-be user put the road in a slightly wrong place, but with
the correct road name, someone who came along afterwards with a GPS
receiver could see that the road is misplaced, and could move it.

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson